May some people want to have few applications running in your Windows 10 version in some cases, but you can’t have it because your system refused you as it prompts a User Account Control error saying this app has been blocked for your protection.
The Windows Defender SmartScreen occurs the error. It happens when the application which you wanted to install and have it in your system is from a random unknown publisher or some suspicious online source. This Windows Defender SmartScreen protects the system from most of all the potential cyber threats, but you may feel inadequate or unpleasant if you get to know that the app which you wanted to install is safe and very reliable.
If you wanted to open all the blocked accounts on your Windows 10 then you need to follow the methods stated below:
Method 1: Go to the Properties of Blocked Apps & Modify It
The spot where you can first try pausing is “This app has been blocked for your protection” now, it will start changing its properties of all the blocked applications to have it in your system. To complete this method, you need to follow a few steps below:
- Step 1: Go to the file blocked by the Window Defender SmartScreen and right-click that file now you can see properties option on the right-click menu and then select that option.
- Step 2: Firstly, search for the general tab and then search for the checkbox, which will be next to the option unblock you can find this under the security section. Now click the opportunity to apply and then click on ok to save the changes you have done.
Windows Defender SmartScreen will now unlock the previously blocked application by following the two steps mentioned above. Now you can happily have the app without any problems, and the application will be running as an administrator in your system.
Method 2: Using the Command Prompt, You Can Use the Application
If you want to work around the UAC error, you need to try this method. Also, do remember that this method will force the application to run on your system. To do that you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Firstly, open the Cortana’s speech bar, type the command, and then right-click the command prompt. Now select run as administrator on the right-click menu.
- Step 2: To make some changes, you need to click on the option, yes, to allow the command prompt.
- Step 3: You need to type the blocked application’s full information in the command prompt window. Right-click on the app and select properties if you want to get complete details. Now go to the general tab, then copy all the information under the location section and then use the backslash to write the full application name and type it.
- Step 4: Click the enter key to run the system’s application after entirely typing the blocked application’s full information.
After finishing all the steps, the program will open without the UAC error. Don’t forget to close the command prompt to complete your method.
Method 3: Using Local Group Policy Editor Disable Admin Approval Mode
If you want to bypass the error “This app has been blocked for your protection,” you need to try to make some changes in the Local Group Policy Editor. This method helps UAC to turn off automatically.
- Step 1: To open the run window, press Windows + R, type gpedit.msc on the run window to launch Local Group Policy Editor click ok.
- Step 2: Search for the information below after connecting with the Local Group Policy Editor.
Computer configuration –> Windows settings –> Security settings –> Local policies –>Security options
- Step 3: Now you need to expand the Security options folder and click on User account control to Run all administrators in Admin approval mode.
- Step 4: Click disable under the local security setting tab.
Method 4: Turning Off Windows SmartScreen
This method is not recommended, but if the above methods fail to fix the error showing the app has been blocked for your protection, you can use it. After disabling Windows SmartScreen, do remember to re-enable it.
Follow the steps to disable Windows SmartScreen:
- Step 1: Go to the Cortana’s search bar, type Windows Defender Security Center, and select the best-matched option.
- Step 2: Now click on apps and browse control, which leaves the window only after finishing the Windows Defender Security Center’s launching.
- Step 3: Finally, click the option for check apps and files, SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge, and SmartScreen for Windows Store apps.
Check whether the UAC error has been solved or not because you have disabled Windows SmartScreen. If the error is resolved, re-enable the Windows SmartScreen because it will protect your system from suspicious and malicious software.
Now choose to Warn and Check apps and files, SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge, and SmartScreen for Windows Store apps after repeating the two steps.
Also, May Interest You
- How To Uninstall Bytefence Anti-Malware From Windows 10
- How To Zoom In On Minecraft Windows 10
- How To Get Someone To Unfollow You On Twitch
- How To Delete IMVU Account on Mobile
Always be sure that you are careful when disabling any anti-virus software that you are not letting in any problems.