If you are one of those who love to play a game, then Discord is not a new thing.
Discord is like bliss for gamers as it allows them to instantly exchange text messages, images, and audio and video content.
Discord users are friendly and chilled, but sometimes it turns out to be harmful, like sending rebellious or offensive messages to each other. That simply means that it is like any other social media platform. Like any other social media platform, Discord also permits its users to report offensive or abusive languages.
Sometimes when gamers get indulged in an abusive argument over the Discord, they often delete their messages before taking any screenshot of it. However, after deleting the conversation, some users want to reassess those messages.
However, Many Discord users wonder if there is any process to obtain those deleted messages.
In this article, you can find the solution for restoring those messages and even describe how you can deal with Discord’s harassment.
Can You See Deleted Messages on Discord?
In Discord, once you have deleted the message, Sadly, there is no way to recover it.
Those who try to store the deleted messages would be counted against the platform’s rules and would consider the breach of the privacy of its users.
Moreover, this platform is constructed similar to the classic Internet Relay Chat (IRC) and doesn’t permit owners to obtain their users’ interaction. As quickly as a user removes a message, that message gets immediately cleared from Discord’s servers.
How to Report Online Harassment on Discord
Sometimes there are cases where people harass others by sending offensive stuff, and if you have encountered the same incident, follow this procedure to save yourself from the trouble.
If you have offensive messages that you have not deleted by any chance, you can report the word and its sender to Discord’s support team by merely clicking on the red “Report” button on your mobile app.
And if you use a PC, the process is a little confusing as there is no such report button. For reporting, you need to get a few Id numbers and make a list and submit it to the discord team by filling up a report form.
Step to Follow to Delete Messages On Discord
Follow these steps to learn what you have to do.
- Go to the corner in the bottom-left of the screen, tap on the gear icon to get the Settings.
- Tap on “Appearance” and then go to the “Advanced” section.
- Toggle the key next to “Developer Mode” to turn on.
- Locate the message you need to report just right-click on the user’s name, and choose “Copy ID” As you’ll require some more IDs, include all these in a text document and keep it before moving on.
- After that, you need the ID of the message itself. The method is about the same right-click anywhere on the message, choose “Copy ID,” and paste that ID in the same text.
- Lastly, you want the ID of the server where the violation has happened.
- Make sure that you have written all the IDs correctly and then move to the next step.
- Again, you need to click right on the server name, select “Copy ID,” and paste it to the same document. Make sure that all three IDs are marked correctly (User ID, Message-ID, Server ID), and then move to the next step.
- Open Discord’s request form and choose “Trust & Safety” from the dropdown list then put your email address and the necessary information for filling the entire form.
- Then go to “Report Type” choose “Harassment” or whatever option you find suitable for your complaint. Add the subject field by mentioning the reason for the complaint along with the lines.
- Paste all the labeled IDs in the “Description” box, and you can even add more information, or you can add the “Attachment” field below to attach a screenshot.
- Finally, after completion of the form, do the basic stuff like reCAPTCHA and submit your form to the discord support team.
Can You Report a Deleted Message?
Discord’s support team requires all three IDs to forward your request and take relevant actions against the abuser. Whenever you come across any such message, record all the IDs and immediately record them to the support team and the screenshot.
Even if you unintentionally deleted those messages, you can complain by providing the server ID and the user ID and attach the proof in the form of a screenshot.
Also, May Interest You: