You have landed on this page probably because you wanted to know how to check Hotmail junk mail on Android. Then this article is for you because it is all about the steps and methods that you need to follow to check Hotmail junk mail on Android.
Along with it, you will also be guided on how you can stop spam emails in Hotmail. So, just scroll down and try them in ascending order.
Hotmail is no doubt one of the most useful and trusted mailing platforms we have today. Similarly, most of us rely on Android considering it as a convenient operating system.
So, the best combination for us is the Hotmail app installed on our Android smartphones. If you are one of the Hotmail users on your Android smartphone, these methods will surely help you to have a superior experience.
How to Check Hotmail Junk Mail on Android?
Step 1: Set up Hotmail Default Application with Outlook
This one can be easily done when you follow the steps below one by one. Since Hotmail has recently been a part of Outlook, you need to first set up a Hotmail default Application with Outlook on your Android phone.
- On your home screen, launch the App Drawer and see the Email icon, which comes as a default application.
- Click on the Email App icon and open the list for email providers. Here, you need to choose Hotmail.com.
- Now, on the next slide, you will find the ‘Select Service’ button and below it, you can choose the option ‘Hotmail.com’.
- In the box provided for uploading your mail id and password, fill the boxes with the correct mail id and password.
- The next slide is the Hotmail.com password page, where you need to type in the password and select the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Then, a list will appear to show you your access information, where you need to give permission by selecting the ‘Yes’ button.
- Immediately, you will receive an email, allowing you to retrieve your email with the Outlook application.
- Also, Outlook will provide you an option to use the application on your device and to choose it instead, you can tap on the
- link ‘Use another Mail app instead’ and do syncing.
- Now, you will land on the Outlook app, where you can simply select the account menu in the top left corner and add in the Hotmail account.
On this account menu, you will find the ‘Spam’ button, which allows you to check junk mails. Finally, tap on it and see your Hotmail junk mail.
Step 2: Using the Outlook Application for Hotmail
If you choose this process, it will let you set up your Hotmail address on Android using the Outlook app. The steps are quite simple and all you need to do is follow them one by one.
- Go to the Outlook application on your Android phone and then, you need to find and select the ‘Add Account’ option.
- Here, you need to choose the account type as ‘Outlook’, provide your mail id credentials and follow through the security purpose.
- At the top left corner, you will find the account menu where you need to switch the Hotmail account you’ve added.
In the account menu, you will find the junk folder, and tapping on it will show you all your spam mails.
Step 3: Use Gmail App to Check Hotmail Junk Mail
First, you need to access your Hotmail account in the Gmail App, which you can easily do following the steps below.
- Open your Gmail app and select the top left corner button, which allows you to select the ‘Add account’ button.
- You will find multiple options and within these, you need to select the ‘Outlook, Hotmail and Live’ option.
- The next page is for authentication, where you need to input your email address, password, and other credentials.
- Once you have filled in the authentication credentials, simply tap the ‘Yes’ button to agree.
Following the above steps, your emails will start to get automatically loaded from your Outlook account in your inbox.
Now, you need to again go to the account menu, where you will find the Spam folder. Select it and see all your junk Hotmail emails.
How to Change Hotmail Junk Mail Settings?
Here, we will show you the process to change your junk mail settings of Hotmail on Android. Scroll down to know how to stop spam emails on your Android phone. The steps will surely help you with your query on how to block junk mail in Hotmail.
- First, you need to login to Hotmail and select the ‘Options’ button, on which a drop-down menu will appear on your Inbox.
- Then, click on the ‘More Options’ button > ‘Preventing Junk Email’ button > ‘Filters and Reporting’ button.
- To filter your junk emails, you can choose between two options such as ‘Executive’ and ‘Standard’.
- You will find the ‘Unknown Senders’ heading, where you can block junk mails by entering into the ‘Block Content’ segment.
- Here, you can select either block or show attachments based on your preferences. By selecting the block option, you will be able to finally restrict the unknown senders to mail you links, pictures, or attachments.
To complete the entire process of junk mail settings, click on the ‘Save’ button.
Hotmail Junk Mails FAQs
Why Do Emails Go to Junk Mail?
This is probably because of the filtering. Webmail providers like Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail have made their policies very strict when it comes to tracking spam. However, we cannot state that the filters are 100% correct.
Will Spam Emails Eventually Stop?
If you filter the mail settings and block junk or spam mails, it is supposed to eventually stop. Here, you also need to make sure that you keep on adding valuable contacts to the Safe Senders list to ensure you receive all the legit mails.
Also, May Interest You
- How To Cheat With Respondus Lockdown Browser 2020
- How To Find IMEI Number If Phone Is Switched Off
- How To Get Rid Of Bytefence Anti Malware
- How To Unfollow Someone On Twitter Without Them Knowing
- How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup Windows 7
Following the above steps, it is easier to access your Hotmail on Android without any disturbance. When you stop spam emails in Hotmail, you can add your correspondents and contacts to the Safe Senders list so that their messages always reach your inbox.
We can finally conclude with the note that we will keep this post updated as soon as we discover some newer methods to check or block Hotmail junk mails on Android.