Facebook’s Messenger app seems not to need an introduction; it provides a great platform to connect with your friends and family and have a massive basket of unique features like “Wave.”
In this blog, we will learn about facebook’s fantastic features, like how to Wave on Facebook.
Bored with a simple “Hi” and “Hello,” Facebook brings you an exciting idea to start your conversation. You can now wave to your friends and get a wave back on Messenger with this astonishing functionality.
If you are not aware of this feature, don’t worry; we will learn everything about it.
If you are new to the wave feature and are striving to find how to wave at someone on Facebook, this blog is specially curated. So, without additional ado, let’s begin and read how to wave on Facebook.
Wave on Facebook From a PC
There are a few easy steps with which you can wave to someone from Facebook.com using your desktop.
- Go to the Facebook page on your desktop and login to your account.
- From the right-hand corner of your Facebook page, check the friend’s list to view all your online contacts. (Make sure that you have maximized your chat tab to view their details).
- Now pick a contact from the list of contacts and hover its name to wave at your friend. When you hover over a specific name, a wave symbol (hand icon) will get displayed alongside the contact details.
- Tap on the hand icon to wave; making this will send a yellow-colored hi sign to your friend, and a message stating “You Waved at <Friends name>” will be shown on your screen.
How To Wave On Facebook Messenger
Your all-time favored Facebook chat got shifted to the Messenger app and provided a complete chatting platform to all desktop and mobile users. There are two easy ways in which you can wave at someone through Facebook Messenger.
Follow simple methods and see how to wave on Facebook to start opening the Messenger app on your mobile. You can choose to start it within the app or quickly launch the Messenger app on your device.
Once the screen is active on your smartphone. You can use it in two different ways to wave at your friends,
- Wave to your friend in the contact list.
- Use a wave icon to send new contact with a wave.
Use Facebook Friend list to wave at your Fiend.
- Start the Facebook app on the phone.
- Check out the three-dot icon on the top right corner of your screen and tap on it.
- Now select Messenger from the list of drop-down options.
- Once the Messenger app gets launched successfully, click on the friend’s list-icon placed at the bottom of your screen.
- From the disclosed list, click on the “Active” button to check for your active friends.
- In the following step, click on the hand icon to wave at a friend.
Use the Wave Icon to Wave at Your New contact
If you are still trying to learn how to wave to a friend, the below-mentioned process will help you out. Wave to a recently added contact immediately from the Messenger app.
- Tap on the New Friends button from the active friend’s list.
- In the subsequent step, tap on the save icon to wave to a friend.
So, these are a few methods in which you can wave at your friends. Instead of
sending a dull “Hi” use this astonishing feature to lighten up your communication.
Let’s give a quick view of some of its other features.
How to Get a Wave Back
- Have you sent a wave to the wrong person? Don’t worry; we have covered it here.
- If you feel that you have forwarded a wave to the wrong person, you can undo your move.
- The feature enables you to remove the wave you sent by mistake within a time slot of 10 minutes.
- To undo your action, open the chat window, place your finger on the yellow wave icon and press it for a few seconds until a remote notification arrives.
- Click on the Remove for Everyone button to erase the wave sign from both the sender and receiver’s window.
Also, May Interest You:
- Is There Any way To See Someone’s Deleted Tweets?
- How To Restore Deleted Emails Gmail 2020
- How to Deactivate Delete Your Roblox Account
- How to Save GIFs from Twitter
Don’t know how to start a chat with your friends? Use the wave feature of the Facebook messenger to begin your conversation cheerfully.
We hope our blog on how to wave on Facebook has clarified all your doubts and chaos.
What are you waiting for? Choose your friends, send a wave, and chat with them.